1) And have u guys read the books?
Dominic Sherwood I have read the first one, I’m trying not to get ahead of myself x
2)Hey What is your best memory from the experience on Vampire Academy?
4) Hey guys! How exciting has this week been? Did it get overwhelming or too daunting at any point!? Can’t wait for the film
Dominic Sherwood Its very exciting and I’m trying not to let it get to me! (as much as possible)
Lucy Fry It is really exciting- there is so much happening that it does feel quite overwhelming but in a way that is full of new ideas and great new experiences . My favorite thing is meeting the fans!
5) Zoey and Lucy, what do you enjoy most about acting?
7) What’s your favorite part of the movie? and is there going to be a 2nd one/ whole movie series with the books?
Dominic Sherwood I love the ending
Lucy Fry I love…. the whole thing.
8) What was each of your favorite scenes?
Dominic Sherwood The attic scenes
9) Lucy, I heard you can surf, every take Zoey out surfing? Or will you in the future?
Lucy Fry I will take her!!!
10) Zoey, Lucy, and Dom – Do you read Fangirlish? They are your biggest fans and can’t wait to see you on Monday!!
Dominic Sherwood We can’t wait to see you too
11) Do you think the movie will do the book justice?
Dominic Sherwood Absolutely
Zoey Deutch Absolutely
13) How did you guys prepare for the roles? Had you read the books before you auditioned?
Dominic Sherwood I used a lot of my audition process to mould christian. ^ auditions with Mark, i got a lot from them
Lucy Fry I spent ages preparing for the role… drawing Lissa, reading the books, learning the accent… becoming a ‘princess’
14) Is there going to be movies for all six books??
Zoey Deutch We hope! If everyone sees the film and it does well!!
15) To Zoey: what was your favorite line from the script?
Zoey Deutch I couldn’t possibly choose. It’s an extremely quotable film.
16) Was it fun making the movie
Dominic Sherwood Such fun. We were all really lucky to have such a great cast and crew
Zoey Deutch It was wildly fun and challenging in ways I had never expected. But at the end of the day it is a job, and we all wanted a great product, so we worked very hard.
17) What actor would you guys like to work with if there is a sequal?
Dominic Sherwood All the same guys
18) Is this gonna be a comedy? So far it doesn’t seem as suspenseful or intense as the books. Will there be multiple movies?
Zoey Deutch It is difficult to categorize it into one genre. It is a thriller, drama, comedy, all of the above. The humor is embedded into the film so well.
19) Is there another character that you wish you could play after reading the books?
Dominic Sherwood either Dimitri or Alberta
20) What was the funniest or most memorable moment when filming?
Dominic Sherwood I was always falling over when around lucy, that still happens to this day
21) What was the hardest part about filming this movie?
Dominic Sherwood The middle….(you will know when you see it)
22) Is your movie staying real to the book?
Dominic Sherwood As much as we can, its pretty close yeh
Lucy Fry yes it is, but be prepared to enjoy the book in a new life as a film!
23) Was it hard to embody your characters at first?
Dominic Sherwood yes, as it is with all characters, you have to know everything about them before you try to embody them
Lucy Fry Yes it takes a while to develop them… I did a lot of accent training and physical work to discover how Lissa walks and breathes and feels
24) Zoey and Lucy, what do you enjoy most about acting?
Zoey Deutch Having the chance to tell stories and make people feel.
Lucy Fry: the exploration and discovering things you never imagined!
25) What do you love most about your roles? Also which book was your fav?
Dominic Sherwood Sardonic Smirk, best thing i can say
Lucy Fry Powers!!!!
26) What was the toughest thing that you all had to do to be part of the movie?
Dominic Sherwood Connecting with the loneliness of the character
Lucy Fry Green eye contacts… blurry world!
27) Wanted to thank all of you for helping bring Richelle’s awesomeness to life!!!! Cant wait to see it…. a few dozen times
Zoey Deutch Thank you for being so passionate about this story!
28) TO DOMINIC:i Do you like Christian’s hair color? Was it a big change for you?
Dominic Sherwood My hair is quite light normally, borderline blonde, so ye it was very dark for me
29) What was each of your favorite scenes?
Dominic Sherwood The attic scenes
Lucy Fry The opening scene
30) Just wanted to say congrats on your roles and I can’t wait to see you all on the big screen in a week!
Zoey Deutch Take all yourrrrr friendzzzz!
32) Lucy Fry I made it! Finally! Classic
33) how did you guys like working together
Zoey Deutch We all got on very well, it was a joy to get to know everyone.
34) To all three of you, what was the scariest part of the VA audition?
35) All: Do you think you look like the character was depicted in the book? Do you think you were the best wo(man) for the job?
Dominic Sherwood Thats the best thing about books, everyones idea and image of the characters will be different, so i guess that all up to you
36) what was it like to shoot the movie
Dominic Sherwood Amazing, one of the best things I’ve ever done
37) What was your favorite scene from the movie to film?
Dominic Sherwood The Attic and the ending
38) What’s your favorite quality about your character and who is your favorite character overall?
Dominic Sherwood He is Loyal, i love that about him
39) Why is Zoey always in the middle of you 3?! Lol
Dominic Sherwood not sure, do you want us to change it up?
40) Dominic, is there a particular role that got away? – A role you really wanted, but wasn’t cast in?
Dominic Sherwood I try not to stay disappointed for long, onwards and upwards is my mentality. So no not really
42) To all of you, what attracted to this movie? Have any of you read the book? If not, what’s your favorite part of the movie?
Dominic Sherwood Its fun, thats the best way of me putting it. i love my job because it give me the opportunity to have fun every day, i don’t want to lose that
43) Dominic, how was it kissing Lucy? xD
So here’s my question: I’m a film production major and I’m focusing on screen writing and directing. My biggest pet peeve with books being made into movies is when they don’t follow the book (example: Twilight). Have any of y’all actually read the book(s)? And if so how close does the movie follow the book and the characters?